SKU: S6 Holder Kit For SONY 12-24mm F2.8 GM (NC Landscape CPL)
- Custom design for Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM
- Allows the use of two filters with an integrated rotating Landscape CPL
- 360 degree rotating
- Integrated locking system to lock the front filter holder
- Aluminum-alloy construction
- Gear for orienting polarizer
- Includes case and lens cap
- No vignetting when the holder is in a straight position. Very small vignetting went he holder is at a special 45-degree angle
The NiSi S6 150mm Filter Holder Kit with Landscape CPL for Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM is the first of the new NiSi S6 range designed for wide-angle lenses without a standard filter thread. The S6 range was not intended for release this early in 2020, but due to Sony releasing such an awesome lens with the 12-24mm f/2.8 GM, we had to release it early!
Designed for landscape photographers who wish to combine an ultra-wide-angle lens with a filter system supporting multiple filters. The S6 allows the use of an integrated PRO CPL and two 150mm wide filters (2mm thick) with 360 degrees of rotation for the CPL. The S6 for Sony 12-24mm f/2.8 GM has no vignetting at 12mm when the holder is in the normal straight position, with a small amount of vignetting when the holder is on a special 45-degree angle.
The S6 features a new locking system to lock the main filter holder in position. The integrated wheel can be easily rotated to lock the holder in place with a locking system that feels natural and easy to use.
Due to the wide focal length and the large amount of light coming in from the bulb head, ghosting and flare can occur when using a filters system. To solve this problem, the S6 main adaptor uses the same matting treatment as the high-end lens hood.
The NiSi S6 Landscape NC CPL For S6 150mm Holder is an ultra HD polariser designed to eliminate reflections and glare effectively when using ultra-wide-angle lenses. Is made using Nitto polarising film and increases the saturation of the scene. The Landscape NC CPL provides a more uniform polarisation, Increases the intensity of polarisation, Maintains a more neutral color balance, and has a greater haze reduction effect.
A geared design allows the integrated CPL to be rotated while using 150mm filters using two gear located on the rear of the holder, a design feature taken from our leading 100mm holders. The holder allows very quick installation and removal without removing the lens from the camera. The front of the holder with clips holding the 150mm filters can be rapidly removed to allow focus and easy replacement or removal of the filters.
The S6 has an updated design based on feedback from our users over the S5 including:
- The design of the front filter holder has been refined to make it easier to insert and remove ND filters.
- A new integrated locking system to lock the front filter holder.
- New matting treatment on the inside of the adaptor to reduce reflection, ghosting, and flare.
- The rear locking ring is oxidized silver for an improved look.
- The S6 features a new compact case to store and protect the S6 kit.
- Includes a Lens Cap to protect the CPL.
The kit includes the S6 holder, S6 adaptor mount for the Sony 12-24mm, a NiSi Landscape C-PL, lens cap, and a case to store the holder.